How secure is KeeperChat?
KeeperChat is a Zero Knowledge security product. Zero Knowledge is a system architecture that guarantees the highest levels of security and privacy by adhering to the following principles:
1. Data is encrypted and decrypted at the device level (not on the server)
2. The application never stores plain text (human readable) data
3. The server never receives data in plain text
4. No KeeperChat employee or 3rd party can view the unencrypted data
5. The keys to decrypt and encrypt data are derived from the user’s master password
6. Multi-Layer encryption provides access control at the user, group and admin level
7. Sharing of data uses Public Key Cryptography for secure key distribution.
Data is encrypted on the user’s device before it is transmitted and stored in KeeperChat. When data is synchronized to another device, the data remains encrypted until it is decrypted on the other device.
Keeper is SOC2 certified. Not only do we implement the most secure levels of encryption, we also adhere to very strict internal practices that are continually audited by third parties to help ensure that we continue to develop secure software and provide the world’s most secure digital vault. Detailed information about our Zero-Knowledge security platform can be found at keeperchat.com/security