How secure is Keeper?
Keeper is a Zero Knowledge security provider. Zero Knowledge is a system architecture that guarantees the highest levels of security and privacy by adhering to the following principles:
1. Data is encrypted and decrypted at the device level (not on the server)
2. The application never stores plain text (human readable) data
3. The server never receives data in plain text
4. No Keeper employee or 3rd party can view the unencrypted data
5. The keys to decrypt and encrypt data are derived from the user's master password
6. Multi-Layer encryption provides access control at the user, group and admin level
7. Sharing of data uses Public Key Cryptography for secure key distribution
Data is encrypted locally on the user's device before it is transmitted and stored in Keeper's Cloud Security Vault. When data is synchronized to another device, the data remains encrypted until it is decrypted on the other device.
Keeper is the most secure, certified, tested and audited password security platform in the world. We are the only SOC 2 and ISO 27001 certified password management solution in the industry and Privacy Shield Compliant with the U.S. Department of Commerce's EU-U.S. Privacy Shield program, meeting the European Commission's Directive on Data Protection. Not only do we implement the most secure levels of encryption, we also adhere to very strict internal practices that are continually audited by third parties to help ensure that we continue to develop secure software and provide the world's most secure cybersecurity platform.
For detailed encryption and security architecture information, visit the below link: